Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Can you hear it?

My Mamma told me that creation sings praises to God. Now I know the song. It's not a song that touches my ears, but my eyes.
I can see their music.
I see it in the flowers that turn their faces to heaven, to their Maker.
 
I see it in the flocks of birds that fly in unison, in a pattern unforeseen by men.
I see it in the tiny ants that creep through forests of grass. Tiny bodies, filled with tiny organs, moving to the heartbeat of life.
I see it in the wild rush of waters, flowing from the ground across great chunks of land.
 
Most of all, I see it in the trees.
I see their song in their majestic trunks and outstretched branches, in the roughness of their bark and the green of their leaves.
 In the winter, when the ice and snow blanket their limbs, I see the mighty trees bow to Him.
But now I watch them dance, dance to the rhythm of His breath.
Hush! Listen! Can you hear it? The sound has reached my ears. But the sound is not the song. The sound is applause. As the wind strokes the branches, I hear the praise of the trees. They are honoring Him. He is their Creator. He is worthy of their praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment